Digital scrapbooking presents a unique way to capture special memories for posterity. Whether you are a computer veteran or a novice, you can create digital scrapbooks that go a step beyond conventional photo albums. You can add to the photos: small notes, embellishments, and stickers to tell the story more fully.
Free digital scrapbook templates can make the job easier for you. The scrapbooking paper, frames, titles – even embellishments or stickers are already placed for you. You don’t need to find or prepare each element. Just slip your photographs into place, add a journaling note or caption, and you have finished pages. Free digital scrapbook templates are, in a sense, scrapbooking kits.
Free digital scrapbook templates are a great way to learn digital scrapbooking. They are also a great way to see, before you invest money, whether you enjoy digital scrapbooking. Templates show you what you can do, and take the work out of it.
These free digital scrapbook templates are often provided as samples, with themes that appeal to a large number of people. The hope is that you will enjoy your experience and return to the website to purchase more materials.
Understanding Free Digital Scrapbook Templates
Free digital scrapbook templates are nearly-finished scrapbook pages. Some call them pre-made pages, or pre-made layouts. To use free digital scrapbook templates, you follow a few easy steps.
1. Download your free digital scrapbook templates. They should be in “png” format. Many will be zipped to reduce size. Unzip your downloads, and place them in a computer folder.
2. Open the software program you will use with your free digital scrapbook templates. Many programs you may already have will work well. Microsoft Word, PhotoShop, and similar programs are good. You may have purchased digital scrapbooking software.
3. Scan photos for your digital scrapbook pages.
4. Open the free digital scrapbook template you want to use. Open photo files, and place your photos on the page. Crop photos, if necessary to fit the opening. Send them to the back layer, and slide them into place.
5. If the colors of the papers in your free digital scrapbook templates do not complement your photos, simply use your
paintbrush” tool to change the colors.
6. Add a small box on your page, and type in a note about memories that go with the photos. This “journaling” might be as short as a caption, or a paragraph that will help viewers understand the photos.
7. When you are satisfied with your page, flatten all layers, and save it as a new file.
8. Now you are ready to print. Use acid-free paper so your colors will remain bright and true for years. Print it as a page of a larger scrapbook. Or print your page as a scrapbook card.
9. Optionally, you may want to save your pages to a CD ? or send a finished page to a friend or family member. You might even want to send your completed free digital scrapbook templates to a “print-on-demand” company to have them bound into a permanent book.
Free Digital Scrapbook Templates Changes
As mentioned above, you may want to make changes to your free digital scrapbook templates. At first, those changes may be as slight as changing the color of the scrapbooking paper. As you learn more about digital scrapbooking, the changes may take in other elements.
You may want to add digital charms to empty spots ? or place charms across corners or edges of your photos. If you have a photo of a child receiving a skateboard for Christmas, you might want to place a couple of skateboarding embellishments on a page. These extras add a personal touch to the themes of free digital scrapbook pages.
Helpful tip: Even if you are a veteran scrapbooker, you will find free digital scrapbook templates a help in getting fresh ideas. Start with downloads of free digital scrapbook templates, and customize them to your creative satisfaction.