Scrapbooking is a perfect way to display cherished photos and special memories of life. Using layouts are a fun and creative way to do this. If you?re stumped in your current project, or need a great scrapbook layout idea, this is a really adorable layout that you will love for years to come.
Wizard of Oz Scrapbook Layout
This is a unique and creative scrapbook layout idea for displaying pictures of your child doing things that they are proud of. For example, if you have a photo of your son or daughter winning an award in school, sharing a cookie with his or her best friend, or his or her first jump from the high diving board, you can display these pictures proudly on this page.
What you will need:
– Three pictures, showcasing your child?s heart, brains, and courage.
– Yellow scrapbooking paper.
– Markers and pens.
– Letters ? they can be stickers, or you can simply write the words.
– Blue checkered paper (gingham style, like Dorothy?s dress.)
Pictures of the tinman, the lion, and the scarecrow. (You should be able to find great pictures with a search on the internet.)
I recommend picking these items up at http://www.discountscrapbooking.net
How to create this scrapbook layout:
1. Using the blue gingham paper, glue it to the page in your scrapbook that you want to use for this project. Remember to use acid free paper for scrapbooks, as it will not damage or harm your photos.
2. Cut 2 strips of your yellow paper that will fit horizontally across your page. The strips should be around 2 or 3 inches wide.
3. Draw lines on the strips of yellow paper to make it look like the yellow brick road. Glue one strip one third of the way down your blue and white checkered page. Glue the other two thirds of the way down so that your paper will be divided into 3 equal sections.
4. On the left side of your top section, glue down the picture of your child displaying his or her heart. (Like sharing the cookie with his or her best friend.) You can then glue down the picture of the tinman.
5. Add lettering or write something along the lines of ? (Name?s) Heart.?
6. On the second section, to the right side, glue down the picture of your child displaying his or her brains. (Like winning the award at school) Glue down the picture of the scarecrow as well. You can then add the words, ?(Name?s Brains,) or something similar.
7. On the third section, back to the far left, glue down the picture of your child displaying their courage. (Like diving from the high board.) Place the picture of the lion on this section as well. Add your words, such as ?(Name?s Courage.)
This is a really fun scrapbook layout that allows you to display pictures that you and your child are proud of. He or she will be proud that you have devoted a page just for it, and you will love the way it turns out.