Thump! Thump! Thump! The music’s bass reverberates so loudly you feel like you’re standing under a ringing bell. You are not merely hearing the music; you are feeling it! Thump! Thump! Thump! You have to strain your eyes to see anything farther than your dance partner, who is a few feet in front of you. The room is pitch black and only lit with the thin colorful rays of light that randomly bounces around the room like a bullet shot in a vault. Thump! Thump! Thump! You move your body with the rhythm of the music, twisting and turning your limbs like an acrobat. Your body temperature is rising, your muscles are tired, and the night is still young! But remember that even dancing machines need to recharge their bodies. When in England, do as the English do, and rest from your vacation or business trip at a Manchester flat.
Flats and Flat
In the United States, “flat” is usually an adjective. But in England, it refers to a group of rooms for living in. Typically they are on a single floor and are part a larger structure. Also, flats usually include a restroom and kitchen. In fact, flats are basically American apartments! After a night or day in town, a Manchester flat is a perfect place to rest up before heading out the next day.
Find Your Cup of Fun
If entertainment is your cup of tea, then Manchester will never disappoint. Here are some places to check out.
* For clubbers, Manchester can help you find your groove. The city is home to some of the most outstanding DJs and promoters in the country.
* If you like music without dancing to it, you can catch your favorite bands at a variety of venues, including Bridgewater Hall, MEN Arena, the Roadhouse, and Night and Day.
* If you believe that laughter, not music, is the best medicine, then check out how far the Frog and Bucket, the Comedy Store, and the Buzz and ZZub clubs are from your Manchester flat.
* Odeon Theaters’ larger-than-life IMAX screen brings a new meaning to the word “big screen.” If you like films but not of the Hollywood blockbuster variety, then The Cornerhouse is the place to go!
* For those who prefer to watch acting on a stage, there are the Library Theater, the Palace Theater, the Lowry, The Royal Exchange, and the Contact.
The best way to top off an entertaining evening in Manchester is to get a good night’s sleep at your Manchester flat. These structures are often located in Manchester’s scenic districts, yet close enough to public transportation and the city’s main tourist destinations. Manchester flats can have the following amenities, to make your stay entertaining:
* Alarm clock radio
* Color television
* Free breakfast
* Free newspaper
* Iron and iron board
* Landline telephone
* Laundry facilities
* Mini refrigerator
* Room service and porter
* Tea and coffee facilities
To make your business trip or vacation to Manchester truly enjoyable, enjoy its unending forms of entertainment. Then, when you become too tired to be entertained, return to your Manchester flat in nothing flat.